1) To provide an opportunity for the youth of Southbury to play soccer. Everyone who wishes to play may do so, and it is the goal of the program to provide each player with the opportunity to play at his or her competitive level.2) To expand the educat
Southbury Soccer Club offers between two and four $500 scholarships each year. The selection committee of the Southbury Soccer Club Board of Directors accepts written requests for consideration from college bound soccer players that have participated in Southbury Soccer Club. A 2017 Scholarship announcement will be sent the early part of March.
Criteria For Consideration:
· Must be a dedicated soccer player and/or official and have played on a Southbury Soccer Club Team for at least 4 seasons. · Candidate must be either a Southbury or Middlebury resident.
· Candidate can attend any area High School.
· Must have a C+ average or better and graduate high school (in good standing) in the current school year.
· Must plan on attending a school of higher education as a full time student.
· Must submit a 250-word maximum essay on "What Soccer Means to Me". Essay must include your name, address and home phone number. · For PHS Students, application and essay must be submitted no later than April 1st to the Pomperaug High School Career Center · For non-PHS Students, the SSC Scholarship Application for 2016 and essay must be completed and mailed postmarked no later than April 1st to: Southbury Soccer, PO Box 628, Southbury, CT 06488.
The board will review the applications and notify PHS and/or the selected students by May 2nd. Awards for PHS Students will be given out on Awards night in June. A separate event will be set up for Non-PHS Students. See link below for a copy of the application. For more information contact Leslie Belval at the PHS Career center at 203-262-3224. SSC wishes you a successful future!
Connecticut Junior Soccer Association Scholarship Information
CJSA is awarding $1,000.00 scholarships to 4 graduating seniors this year. If you have a senior who has been part of our club, they are eligible. Just have them click on the link below for all the details on submitting an essay to qualify by 3:00 pm on March 7th, 2016: