Frequently Asked Questions Regarding Registration
Q1. I don't see a way to register for the current season...how do I do that?
A1. You may register by selecting the "Register Now" button on the upper right of the home page of southburysoccer.com. If the button is not shown, this indicates that registration for the current season is now closed.
Q2. This is the first time I'm registering under the southburysoccer.com web site...what do I need to do?
A2. Basic family information such as player date of birth, parent names, and contact information is required in order for your child to be registered for SSC programs. It is recommended that you review and update your family records each season before registering. Here's the steps:
- First go to Home -> Edit My Account and if you have not set your password yet, follow the Forgot my Password instructions which will guide you through the process.
- Log into Home -> Edit My Account and check that all your personal information is correct. In particular, be sure that your phone and email address are correct, and that the "Type" field is set to "Parent" for your record. When done, select Submit to update your account.
- Under Home -> Edit My Account, select the "Add a Child" option for each of your children. Be sure that you set the Date of Birth field correctly, or you will be unable to register your child for any programs. Also make sure that the "Type" field is set to "Player" for each of your children. If your child is a travel player (U9 and above), you must upload a scanned copy of your child's birth certificate and also a facial photo for their player pass. Without these, your child will be unable to play at district games.
- After your account information is updated, go to Home -> Register Online to see what programs are currently available for the players in your family.
- For more details on how to set up or modify your account, check out this video.
Q3. Why is my login no longer working?
A3. Your email address is your user name. To obtain your new password, go to Home -> Edit My Account and follow the "Forgot my password" instructions so that a new temporary password can be sent to you. Note that in order to receive the email with your temporary password, you must set your spam/junk mail filter to allow emails from leagueathletics.com.
Q4. Why is the registration system showing that my child is ineligible for program XYZ?
A4. The most likely reason is that your child's records in our system may not have a Date of Birth set. Go under Home -> Edit My Account and once logged in, select your child's name. Check that the Date of Birth field (just below Gender) is not blank. If it is blank, fill in the correct birth date and you should then be able to go to Home -> Register Online to register your child for the appropriate program.
Q5. Why is the system showing that my child is too old or too young for a particular program?
A5. The registration system is configured to only allow registration based on a child's birth date within the dates listed on our Programs -> Age Groups page.
Q6. The registration system is not working for me - what's the problem?
A6. At the time of this writing, we've had over 600 players registered successfully for various programs via our online registration system. If you encounter a problem, it most likely has something to do with incomplete info in your child's record in our system. First check Home -> Edit My Account to make sure that all the records for your children are accurate and that the "Date of Birth" are entered for each one, and that the "Type" field for each child is set to "Player". After this, go to the Home -> Register Online page to register your children for the desired programs. Also, check the Programs ->Age Groups page to confirm that your child's birth date does fall within the age ranges for our available programs.
Q7. During registration, I did not upload a player pass photo or a birth certificate. How can I now go back in and do that?
A7. It is possible for Parents to upload photos and birth certificates after registration by using the Identification Document Upload registration program. Here's the full set of steps to follow:
2. Select the "Register Now" button on our home page.
3. Scroll down and select the "Picture or Birth Certificate Upload" program.
4. Select the green "Register" button for the child you wish to upload a picture or birth certificate for.
5. This brings up a page of personal information for the player. IMPORTANT - you must go to the bottom of the page and select the "Submit" button to see additional options.
6. On the next page that comes up, the parent is presented with 2 browse buttons - one that can be used to upload a birth certificate, and another that can be used to upload a facial photo.
7. After you have uploaded the birth certificate for that player and/or the facial photo, be sure to select the "Submit" button to finalize the transaction. Note that there is no fee associated with this program. It only exists to allow parents who did not upload a photo or birth certificate during the season program registration to do so.
Q8. I started the registration process, but then received a "Registration Deleted" email. What does this mean?
A8. This email is sent as a courtesy and indicates that while you started the registration process, you did not complete it by entering a credit card to complete the transaction. All incomplete registrations are deleted after several hours of inactivity. When this happens, you must restart the registration for your children. If you have any concerns about whether a transaction actually occurred, check your online credit card statement to see if any transactions from Southbury Soccer Club are present. Note that it may take up to 3 days for transactions to show up on your statement.
Q9. I forgot my password - what do I do?
A9. Go to Home -> Edit My Account and follow the "Forgot my password" instructions. A new temporary password will be sent to you.
Q10. I am not getting email notifications from Southbury Soccer Club - what could be the problem?
A10. If email is not getting to your inbox, please double check your email address under Home -> Edit My Account and make sure that it is entered correctly. If your email address is correct, we suggest checking your spam folder, bulk folder or junk folder. If you find the email, then you will need to find a way to inform your mail application that it is not spam. Most likely, the course of action is to select the email and click on the Not Spam or Not Junk button, if available.
Below is a list of Email Providers/Email Software. Please click on your provider for more detaied instructions on how to add leagueathletics.com (the vendor which SSC uses for our web site) as an approved sender. This is the best way to ensure that you will receive emails sent from this site in a timely manner.
Q11. I need to reset my password, but I'm not getting any emails from the club - what should I do?
A11. First follow the instructions above to insure that emails from leagueathletics.com are not going to your spam filter. If all else fails, email our web master for assistance.
Q12. Can I go to Parks and Rec to register?
A12. No - all registration for our programs must be done online via this web site.
Q13. Where can I download the paper registration form?
A13. Due to the huge amount of effort involved to maintain both paper form and electronic registration, SSC has completely done away with paper registration. All registration must be done online via this web site.
Q14. Can I pay by check?
A14. We no longer accept checks - all payments must be done online via our secure online registration system via credit card. We accept Visa, MasterCard, and Discover.
Q15. When I try to register, I get some strange VBScript error...?
A15. Unfortunately, the problem is most likely on your system. The easiest work around is to try to register from a different computer to see if that resolves the problem for you. Another option would be to try using a different browser on your system (for example, if you normally use Internet Explorer, use Chrome, Firefox, or Safari).
Q16. I need to cancel my registration. What is the Southbury Soccer Club Refund Policy and the process to request a refund?
A16. The Southbury Soccer Club Refund Policy for Fall Seasons only is as follows:
- 100% refund minus a $10 processing fee prior to start of Evaluations…normally held 2nd or 3rd week in June.
- 75% refund after Evaluations and prior to the announcement of Fall teams.
- 50% refund after announcement of Fall teams and prior to start of the Fall season’s first game.
- No refunds will be made after the Fall season’s first game.
- 100% refund minus a $10 processing fee if player is precluded from playing due to medical condition (physician’s note required) prior to the third game of the Fall season.
The Southbury Soccer Club Refund Policy for Spring Seasons only is as follows:
- 100% refund prior to any the Spring season's last day of late registration minus a $10 processing fee.
- 50% refund after the Spring season’s last day of late registration and prior to the start of any season's first game.
- No refunds will be made after the Spring season’s first game.
- 100% refund minus a $10 processing fee if player is precluded from playing due to medical condition (physician’s note required) prior to the third game of any season.
We do not have a method to request a refund directly through our web site. To request a refund, please contact the Club Treasurer and the Program Director for the program that you registered for.
Q17. I have a coupon code - where do I enter this, and how do I know I have received the discount?
A17. Coupon codes must be entered during the registration process for each family member for which they apply. During registration for each program, you will be presented with a form containing various waivers and other information requests. If a valid coupon or discount code is currently available for that program, you will see an entry field for the coupon code. You must enter the code exactly as you received it. Note that some codes include punctuation marks at the end, such as exclamation points. After entering the code and responding to the other information requests, you will eventually be presented with a screen to confirm your registration info, including the cost of the program. The price reflected on that screen should include the discount amount. If it does not, you should go back and check that you entered the discount code properly. If you are sure your discount code is still valid, and it is not showing up, DO NOT check out with your credit card until your registration properly reflects the discount amount.
Q18. I need to generate an account with the SSC web site for coaching purposes, but have never played on an SSC team. What do I need to do?
A18. This can be done using the Identification Document Upload registration program on the registration page. However, please note that creating duplicate accounts can create major problems in our system, so please do not create a new account until you are sure you do not already have one, and follow the instructions below carefully:
1. First step is to go to the Identification Document Upload program registration page.
2. If you are not sure if you already have an account, do not select the Create Account link! Instead, enter your email address in the "Email" field, leave the "Password" field blank, and then select "Continue". If you do not already have an account, the system will automatically email your account with a link to use to complete your account creation. If you do already have an account, the system will prompt you to re-enter your password or to select the "Forgot?" link to reset your password.
Q19. Is there a family max payment limit for the Spring 2018 season?
A19. The Southbury Soccer Club has established the following Family Max program for the Spring 2018 Season:
$325 – for families with all youth players registered with the In House Program (u4-u8)
$590 – for families with at least one youth player registered with the Travel Program (u9-u19)
Family Max is exclusive of Late Fees as well as additional training opportunities (ie. Striker/Keeper Clinics) and Referee Training/Clinics and will not be reimbursed. The club Treasurer will provide reimbursement within 30 days of registration or by the 2nd week of the playing season…whichever comes later. Please direct any questions to the Club Treasurer, Craig Perry.